- Kabul blast: Suicide bomber targets foreign convoy
- Rwanda building collapse: Six dead and dozens injured
- Deadly tornado strikes Texas town of Granbury
- Syria conflict: BBC shown 'signs of chemical attack'
- Wales weather: Minera mudslide clean-up begins
- New Orleans Mother's Day parade hit by shooting
- China coal mine blast in Sichuan province kills 27
- Deadly gas tanker explosion in Mexico City suburb
- Italy deaths as Genoa ship hits control tower
- Bus crash in northern India leaves 33 dead
PRESS RELEASE -- CBRN in the Maritime Environment
CBRN in the Maritime Environment
26th - 27th September 2012, Marriott Regents Park, London, UK
The UK’s first and only dedicated commercial Maritime CBRN conference
In response to fears at seaports and terminals over access to sufficient detection and container scanning solutions to combat the maritime CBRN threat, SMi’s CBRN in the Maritime Environment conference has been launched at no better time to discuss the key issues faced by the maritime CBRN community.
As an island nation, the UK has a variety of critical national infrastructures placed close to the coast. In the event of a terrorist attack including the use of the 4 materials, it is essential that we understand the risk and correct response in this coastal environment. Taking place on the 26th and 27th September in London, this must-attend event will focus upon detection, response and recovery at sea for Naval and Government practitioners. Whilst the hazardous materials remain the same, combating the threat that these materials pose at sea requires a different approach, different equipment, and different training.
For more information, please visit www.maritimecbrn.com
Our expert speaker line-up includes:
Lieutenant Colonel Bernd Allert, WMD Non-Proliferation Centre, NATO HQ
Lieutenant Youri Linden, Seariding Instructor, CBRNDC/FF School, Royal Netherlands Navy
Superintendent Richard Murray, Deputy Divisional Commander South Division, Civil Nuclear Constabulary
Örjan Martinsson, Division of Emergency and Maritime Surveillance, Swedish Coast Guard
Howard Riley & Allan Murray, Northwest Counter Terrorism Unit
Lauri Luht, Rescue and Crisis Management Policy Department, Estonian Ministry of the Interior
For our conference programme and full speaker line-up, please visit www.maritimecbrn.com
There is also a fully interactive pre-conference workshop, held on 25th September 2012 covering:
Counter-Piracy and Maritime Security Strategy
Led by: Thorsten De Kever, Head of Air Operations and Christian Lang, Maritime Operations, International Security Network
For full details and to register your place, please visit www.maritimecbrn.com
Alternatively, contact James Hitchen on Tel: +44 (0)207 827 6054 or Email: email@example.com for more information.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend:
- New Editorial Board Members
- Comment - CRJ Issue 8:4
- Korean tensions - an analysis
- A deeper look at the causes of incidents...
- 'Out of the Box' exercise by Christo Motz
- New Advisory Panel Member
- Vigilant and resilient society in Finland
- Crisis Response Journal (Volume 8, issue 2)
- From the frontline
- Survival First Aid Training in Estonia
Crisis Response Journal Partners
Below is a list of Crisis Response Journal’s Sponsoring Partners, leading specialists in the crisis, security and emergency response disciplines.