The Institute of Civil Protection and Emergency Management (ICPEM) announces its Annual Conference entitled ‘The Reality of Leading in a Crisis’
The conference is to be held on June 19, 2019 at the Union Jack Club, London, UK.
ICPEM’s mission is to “bring together emergency professionals, academics and business, in order to provide an informed and influential voice on all aspects of civil protection and emergency management.” Their vision is to be an “independent and collaborating forum from which emergency professionals, academics and business will collectively champion civil protection and emergency management.”
Several illustrious speakers will be taking the floor throughout the course of the day with themes ranging from building crisis leadership capability to responses to terrorist attacks and progression in crisis leadership strategies.
The speakers are:
- Professor Karim Brohi, Director of the London Major Trauma System
- Ed Butler, CBE, DSO Ed, Head of Risk Analysis at Pool Re
- Rob Davis, Assistant Chief Fire Officer for Avon Fire and Rescue
- Deborah Higgins, Head of the EPC
- Daryll Stroud, Independent Management Consultant and Company Director at Phoenix Resilience
- Paresh Wankhade, Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Emergency Services
- Andy Wapling, Regional Head of Emergency Preparedness Resilience and Response for the NHS South East and South West Regions
- Addresses by the Conference Chair, Roger Gomm QPM.
Roger Gomm and Deborah Higgins are both members of the CRJ Advisory Panel.
Attendance at the Conference is worth five CPD credits, with certificates available at the venue.
Entry for All Fellows, Members and Associate Members of ICPEM and for all student members of ICPEM is free. Booking is online here
For further information, click here and for any queries, contact the Conference Organiser, Tony Moore, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org